The Springfield Water and Sewer Commission (Commission) implemented several measures in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Please check this page for updates.
In-person Services Remain Suspended
The following in-person Commission services remain suspended until further notice:
- In-person payments at the Commission Offices on Bondi’s Island
- In-person field service applications at the Operations Center on Colton Street
Ludlow Reservoir is open for its regular seasonal operating hours. Hunting in permitted areas is allowed.
Commission Field Services staff are required to wear masks and social distance while responding to service calls at customer properties. In order to keep everyone safe, customers are also asked to maintain social distance and to wear masks during any required interaction with Field Services staff that are in or on their property to perform scheduled or emergency work.
Covid safety protocols for Field Services:
- SWSC requires all staff to conduct personal health assessments daily, prior to reporting to work.
- Should our staff need to enter a residential building, they are required to do the following:
- Ask the customer contact if anyone is currently sick or has been sick in the house within the past 14 days. If someone within the residence has been sick, the appointment should be rescheduled a minimum of 2 weeks out.
- Ask that occupants maintain a minimum of 10 feet social distance and continually wear a mask while SWSC staff are in the house.
- SWSC staff will wear a mask and gloves at all times while within a residence and will disinfect touch surfaces as needed.
- SWSC staff reserve the right to leave a residence and reschedule the appointment if these protocols are not followed.