If you are buying a property that is served by the Springfield Water and Sewer Commission, follow these steps to transition your service:
- Contact your real estate attorney prior to the real estate closing
- Obtain a final meter reading
- The final meter reading will determine the final bill for the home seller
- The attorney conducting the real estate closing should complete and submit the Real Estate Closing Form at least 5 business days, but no more than 10 business days before the closing
If this process is not completed the new homeowner may inherit the water and sewer bill from the previous owner.
Information for Real Estate Attorneys
- The Real Estate Closing Form can be downloaded here. Forms should be completed by the buyer’s attorney and submitted to the Commission prior to close.
- Completed forms should be emailed to the Commission at email@example.com. The Commission will calculate the outstanding water and sewer usage, miscellaneous sales, fees and charges. The attorney will provide the name and mailing address of the new owner so future bills may be properly addressed.
For more information please call Customer Service at 413-452-1393.