Customers can pay their bill online, by phone or by mail.
Mail: Springfield Water and Sewer Commission, P.O. Box 3688, Springfield, MA 01101-3688. Please enclose a check or money order, with payment stub and account number on check.
Commission employees never collect payment at a customer’s property. If someone approaches you for payment of water or sewer charges on your property, it may be a utility scam and you should contact your local police department.
DO NOT make your payment online or by mail if you have received a final notice and demand for water shutoff. You must call us at 413-452-1393 to make your payment. Payments must be made by major credit card (Visa/MasterCard debit/credit, or Discover).
- Water and Sewer bills are delinquent 30 days from the billing date.
- To find out when your bill will be delinquent, look for the billing date or the delinquent after date. Both are located in the top right corner and the bottom left corner of the bill.
- Late fees are assessed at a rate of 12% APR on the overdue balance.
- Payments made by mail will take 3-5 days for processing.
- View a sample bill
Billing Questions and Disputes
If you have any questions about your bill please call Customer Service at 413-452-1393.
If for any reason you believe your bill is wrong you may file a dispute.
Customers can file a dispute by emailing email@example.com or mailing a letter to the Springfield Water and Sewer Commission, P.O. Box 995, Springfield MA 01101-2551.
Water Service Shut Off
- Water service may be shut off due to non-payment.
- If your account is unpaid for 60 days after the Billing Date your property could be posted with a Final Notice and Demand.
- Upon receiving the Final Notice and Demand you have 15 days to bring your account current or your water may be shut off.
- If you receive a Final Notice and Demand, do not make your payment online or by mail. You must call us at 413-452-1393 to make your payment. Payments must be made by major credit card (Visa/MasterCard debit/credit, or Discover).
- If for some reason you need to shut off your water service for repairs, extended absences, vacations, or other reasons, please contact our Operations Center Customer Service at 413-310-3501.
- Shut-off and Turn-on fees may apply. More information can be found in the Springfield Water and Sewer Commission Rules and Regulations.