Apply for New Commercial or Industrial Water/Sewer Service

Please follow the process outlined below to apply for new commercial or industrial water and/or sewer services . The Commission must review and approve the application prior to construction.

A Customer Service Representative can help facilitate the process. Contact Customer Service at 413-310-3501.

Step 1: Application

  • Hire a professional engineer to develop a site plan showing all existing and proposed utility structures for the site. The designer may contact the Commission’s Engineering and Technical Services Office at 413-452-1300 to receive copies of existing water and sewer records in the vicinity of the site.
  • Complete the application form and mail it to the Commission, with any applicable application fees, to P.O. Box 995, Springfield, MA 01101.

Please note, only the property owner or authorized representative may apply for water or sewer services. To authorize a representative complete the Owner Authorization Form. If the owner is the applicant, this form is not required.

Step 2: Review

  • Applications are reviewed by the Engineering and Technical Services Department on a first-come, first -served basis. Review times vary from several days to over a month depending on the complexity of the new service and the number or other applications under review. 

Step 3: Approval Process

  • Once the review is complete the Commission will issue a memo to the applicant that outlines the construction requirements and associated fees.
  • After receiving the memo the applicant will be able to pick up their approval package, which includes associated plans and records, from the Operations Center. The required fees must be paid to the Commission at this time.

More details about applying for new commercial or industrial water and/or sewer services and required information and documents for the application can be found here.

Water and/or Sewer Service Availability

For information on water and sewer main availability to serve a property, download, complete, and return the Water and/or Sewer Service Availability Form.